Christmastime
Christmas was a very good time, in spite of not being with our families. We had our church family and that was great. We had the Camps, Flencia, and the Baums over for our traditional dinner of Lutefisk and swedish meatballs. I think everyone was thankful there wasn't just lutefisk. I guess it would make a good weight-loss plan for the non-lutefisk lovers!
Anyway, we had a great time together and Benaiah greatly enjoyed having that many people seated in front of him to entertain. I think that was his favorite part about Christmas!
Christmas Eve was special with the service at our church. I played piano for the congragational carols, and also sang and played a special song. Quite a few other folks brought special music too that made it a memorable time together.
On Christmas Eve morning we had church and during our worship service sang the song, "Be Magnified." Pastor Kevin talked a bit about how we usually see God as so small in our lives, doubting whether He's able to take care of certain areas. Making the connection that God needs to be "magnified" in our lives, as with a magnifiing glass was a simple but huge thought to me. Our vision of who God is needs to expand to become closer to the reality of who He is. I guess I always thought of "magnified" and "glorified" as meaning nearly the same thing.
This is my prayer for you and me in this new year and in each new day, that we would see God magnified, until we see Him as He is (in Heaven.) God, help us to grasp a little more of who You really are!








3 Comments:
Great pics guys. So, what is lutefisk exactly? I've heard about it but never had it. Would it go well with cheese? ;)
I've never heard of lutefisk. Cute pictures. Benaiah is getting so big!
Merry Christmas! It brings back nice memories when you talk about Christmas at Clover Pass. And your mention of the sermon makes me miss Pastor Kevin's preaching. Yet, we can definitely see the Lord directing us where we are at, but there are wonderful memories of our church family in Ktn. I must admit too, I've never heard of lutefish either...what is it?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home