Georgia Beaches




The Cropps took Benaiah and I to the beach last week. I finally got to step into the Atlantic Ocean - a goal of mine. It was a hot day and the breeze at the beach felt great!
I spotted a lady and her daughter fishing with open pots. They said they were fishing for blue crabs. I asked if I could see one, and sure enough, they are blue! These are the crabs they use to make the famous crab cakes here.
As far as food, Eric and I have tried southern barbecue, fried okra, and boiled peanuts. I say yum to all of them!
The girls and Sharon have all been helping with Benaiah. He won't know what to do when he doesn't have any big sisters around when we get home!

4 Comments:
It's good to see some blog activity!! I'm glad you're doing well. Looks like you're having a good time with the Cropps. Tell them all hi for me. :)
Finally a post!! I ahve been waiting to hear how you are doing. It looks like you are having a wonderful time. I am jealous of the beaches and sunshine!!
Hi, we used to catch blue crab in Chesapeke bay when my grandparents lived in Maryland, when I was about 4 or 5. They sure tasted yummy! (and looked pretty too.)
Did Benaiah like stepping in the ocean? I'm hoping Meadow and Logan will like stepping in the Arctic ocean if I ever make it to Barrow!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home