The Lighthouse


Not long after I arrived here, Eric and I visited the lighthouse on St Simons Island.
The lighthouse was built in the early 1800's, then was torn down during the Civil War so the "Yankees" couldn't use it to their advantage. It was then rebuilt.
We climbed all the way up to the top and the breeze up there was worth the climb"
This lighthouse is a main part of one of Eugenia Price's books in the St Simons series, called "The Lighthouse."

3 Comments:
I've got to show Virgil this Lighthouse. We both love lighthouses. Wish we could have seen this when we lived in Florida. We miss you guys and so glad that you've had this time with the Cropps. We miss them too. Give them a hug for us please and our love. Tell Richard the church picnic is very soon.
Patsy, I didn't know you lived in Florida!! I am always learning new things about people I thought I knew!! Yes, Sarah I agree with Patsy, please tell Richard to come back and cook for us :) We miss them!!
I like that top picture of the lighthouse against the sky, good photography. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home