Monday, February 12, 2007

Our House

Well, most of you probably know by now that we are buying a house. I have hesitated to post this news because the transaction has been very up and down for most of the time. But we signed papers on Friday, and it will be ours on this Wednesday. Yay!
It's a great, one story house, with white, vinyl siding and a green roof. It's located on nearly 1/2 acre, so I can't wait to put in a yard and garden.
I will post pictures once we are moved in.
My parents arrive this Wednesday and are going to help us texture and repaint the interior. I have nothing against "seafoam green," but when the entire interior of a the house, including the ceilings, are painted this color...Well, you can see what I mean.
I'm really looking forward to having my parents visit and just can't wait for them to see our little guy again.
While they're here, we'll celebrate Benaiah's 1st birthday and my mom's...well, I won't say how many years. It will be so good to have them here!
Eric will be gone during part of their visit for some training for his job.
Yes, it's a whirlwind, but what an exciting one!

8 Comments:

At 9:51 AM , Blogger sixwickerts said...

Congratulations, I know your home will be a blessing to you and also to the people you show hospitality too!!!

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Jennifer Caskey said...

Yay! I am so glad you got it. :) I bet you are ecstatic.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Cooke family said...

Congratulations! You should post before and after pics so we can see the lovely seafoam green!

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Jeremy & Olivia said...

Many congratulations! Homeownership is fun!!

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Becky said...

I'm excited for you guys, it's great your folks can be here to help and also to celebrate Benaiah's first birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing the place firsthand!

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Derek Linder said...

Hey Boids! Congrats on the house! I just got back from Key West and am catching up on the latest shennanagins in the blog world. Latuh.

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations on your first home! Signing all those papers can be a bit overwhelming, but once its done, its time to enjoy home ownership and know that your time and money are actually an investment! Did the bank give you a special pen or coffee mugs to celebrate the occassion?

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations on the new house! I think though that it is time for us to see some pictures... Hope that all of the retexturing and painting was fun and hazard free :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home